Friday, June 08, 2007

More Coo Than Kitsch

Via Kitschy-Kitschy-Coo I discovered the wonderful works of Marisa Haedike at her Esty shop, Creative Thursday.

First, meet adorable Frannie:


Marisa makes and sells prints of Frannie as well as clay pieces. How is one to choose?

Next, these clay sculpture love birds:


If they were salt and pepper shakers, I know who they'd be the perfect gifts for... I don't know if she'd display art pieces like this... (Memo to self: Must investigate subtly.)

My favorite is little sack belly:


She's selling prints and I suppose I should be thankful for if there were an original available, I'd want to buy it asap, no matter what the OUIJA purse, my husband or wallet would say. It's the most lovely, warm, whimsical, pretty-with-a-touch-of-sadness thing I've seen in a long time.

Do honor the artist with a visit to her blog, a purchase from her store -- or honor us both by purchasing something for me from her store. *wink*

2 comments:

Marisa and Creative Thursday said...

Oh, thank you so much for such a kind post!! And I have to tell you, that little sack belly is still available as an original!
I love it so much, I've thought about keeping it...but until I decide you can find him right here
http://www.creativethursday.com/gallery9.htm

SlipOfAGirl said...

Hello Marisa -- I'm so flattered that you stopped by!

Your work is amazing, really. I just love it. I'm going to add your blog to the side bar. :)

For all the fans, should you like to make him a gift for me (my birthdy is this month you know...), here's the link to little sack belly.