Monday, July 23, 2007

Our Fair Kari

My husband's got this thing for Kari Byron of Myth Busters. I must say, I have my own girly crush too. She's smart, she's cute, and so what's not to love?



Kari was the People's Choice Sexy Geek of 2006 in Wired magazine.

I know that hubby likes her for her big brain, but she's more wickedly his type than just that. Hubby, you see, is partial to red heads and has a weakness for pig tails.



In fact, hubby prefers her more natural pig tail look to the FHM photo spread (2006).



And pig tails with a cap are even more delicious.



If Kari had a British accent, well, let's just say I'd be in real trouble. *wink*



One thing I didn't know about Kari is that she's not just a sexy geek, but an artist as well.



In 2004 she had her debut solo exhibition at Anno Domini. The exhibit was called Stray Doll, and Kari described it this way:
"Some of the most beautiful bird calls are cries of distress and fear... these sculptures are a way for me to express my cry." ~ Kari Byron

Kari Byron's sculptures immediately emit the compassion she feels for those that are "ground up by society." She says, "We live in a strange and scary world; my artwork is a way for me to quarantine the world into a more manageable space."





You can see more of her works at her website, karibyron.com.

In 2006 Kari married artist Paul Urich. (Won't stop anyone's fantasies tho!)



Kari's intelligence, humor, and yes, cute pigtails, make her sexy. I'd say I'd like to be Kari when I grow up, but she's so much younger than I am... Kari's more like the 'me' I imagine I would have been if I wouldn't have had kids so young.

1 comment:

Mighty Fast Pig said...

Kari Byron is great. She's cute, she's smart, she's game for anything and she can operate heavy machinery.