Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Too Old For Pop Culture?

Getting Older Means Never Having To Care About What's Cool:
Now usually, my reaction to this has been, "Oh, I'm getting so very very old." I'm 45, and the world of pop culture is passing me by. Pop culture is aimed squarely at the 18-24 set, and I am losing my coolness by the minute. I am already less cool now than I was when I started this post.

But as I was watching this silly American Idol montage, it struck me: There's another reason I don't know who these people are.

I don't care.
I tried to articulate my thoughts on this, but I know I failed. I'm counting on you cooler adults to join Greta's conversation -- and make sense when you do. *wink*

2 comments:

david said...

I have appended my observations to Greta's page.

SlipOfAGirl said...

I knew you'd have something wise to add ;)