Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Very Draining Post, Indeed

Just when you've got the kids convinced that they can't go down the drain...

Meet Massimo Giacon's bathtub or sink drain plug, Mr. Suicide.



Mr. Suicide is said to have hung himself with the metal chain from the drain plug, and now does the dead-man float on the top of the water.
Packaged in a multi-color box shaped like a coffin, this is a fun (and hugely popular) gift for anybody who appreciates how Alessi “pushes the envelope” with some of the most basic everyday objects. Available in hot pink, yellow, or dark blue with stainless steel chain and plug of complimentary semi-transparent blue plastic.
I personally never thought I could go down the drain, and when Mister Rogers mentioned it, his 'comforting' song seemed oddly confrontational -- as if I had been an idiot not to fear it, and he was now a part of some conspiracy to keep me from my new found knowledge...

I wasn't ever really a big fan of Mister Rogers; I sat through all his educational monologues & sweater changes just to visit the land of make-believe. After the confusing 'you can never go down the drain' talk, I was loathe to listen until I heard the trolley.

With all due respect to the departed Mister Rogers (and his legion of fans), I must post this video I found on YouTube whilst looking for a clip of the drain talk. I do caution the weak & timid, the highly suggestible, that this is disturbing...

1 comment:

Marketing Whore said...

A-mazing. The drain plug is cool, but that Mister Rogers video? What a hoot!