Wednesday, December 14, 2011

You're Either Marvellous Or You're Boring


 The epic Steven Morrissey said, "Age shouldn't affect you. It's just like the size of your shoes -- they don't determine how you live your life! You're either marvellous or you're boring, regardless of your age."


This is something I just had to remind my children of when they came home from school today and found me dancing in the living room to what they call "old people music." Funny how the 80s are retro and "old skool" in fashion and music when they wear it and dance or sing along to it -- but it's all "old" junk when associated with me.

It's like the shoe is on the other foot! lol ...And I size too small, at that, because boy, it hurts!

I don't think there's anything the kids are into now, from music to fashion, which isn't something that once belonged to me in my heyday. They're wearing classic Converse Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars High Top Sneakers, just like Dad did back in the day. And he still does. Oh, the eyeball rolls... The girls are all into classic pumps and kitten heels -- they raid my closet, even. Not that they'll admit it. (According to them, all I have is comfortable shoes for women. Not.)

But find me dancing in the living room? Oh, I'm no longer marvelous; I'm old. Embarrassing.

But I'm not.  ...Well, maybe a little embarrassing. But not because of my age! I've always been this way. *wink*

So kids, try this on for size:
Tired of being harassed by your stupid parents? Act Now!! Move out, get a job. Pay your bills while you still know everything.

2 comments:

Bijoux said...

Saw a brilliant hand made triangle warning sign in the back window of a large beat up station wagon, filled with a bustling family. "Teenagers onboard, who still know everything." Priceless.

Rick said...

80's is old skool??? The what about people like me who dance to 50's. I should be a cultural treasure. I did get a certain amount of pleasure out of my teenaged daughter telling me she really likes the Doors music when she was 16 in the early 2000's.