Tuesday, August 07, 2012

The Old Bait & Switch (And Contest News)

At Kitschy Kitschy Coo, there's a contest to win Sour Patch Kids goodies stuff. I can't call the t-shirts and bags of candy "goodies" because I'm not on the side of the Sour Patch Kids. It's not just that I don't like sour candy either...

Here's why:

You know how you can put a gummy bear in a glass full of water and watch the gummy candy expand? Well, my kids put a Sour Patch Kid in a glass of water, waited about a half our, and then came running to me, telling me how the water with "the gummy bear" tasted better than Kool-Aid; not too sweet, but good. Since the concoction hadn't been out long enough to grow bacteria, I tried it. Only it wasn't a gummy bear they used; it was a Sour Patch Kid instead.

Disgusting!

And one of those times the old bait and switch should have ended with a real switch on some behind. (I kid, you know. I don't hit my kids.)

This sour trick was played by my sweet kids -- but I still blame the Sour Patch Kids.

...So why would I enter the contest to win Sour Patch Kids stuff? Because I'm a mommy and my kids love the candy, that's why.


No comments: